Sunday, May 13, 2007

So near yet so far away

Living in an area in UAE which is bang opposite the Etisalat building, can you imagine that I can not be connected to E vision or a broad band connection!!! Why you would ask? There is no cable in my area. Or if there is some other reason, the dear Etisalat ppl don’t tell us clearly. So frustrating!!

Have been meaning to write for quite some time but really how time flies. The past few days passed like a whirlwind. There was a syllabus to complete, deadlines to meet, at all times the feeling that I can still do a better job at passing my message through and hence extra practice sheets had to be made. And then when all this concluded, came to know that there was a staff meeting, with a question mark in my mind as to the reason of the meeting for now the exams were just round the corner, I was sitting on my chair engrossed in my thoughts, when suddenly we see some certificates being arranged on the table and then it is declared that some awards are being initiated to appreciate the staff, the first was
The Prize for Distinguished Teaching, I say, ok, and Then I look at the projector screen, What! No way! My name is the third one in a list of six names, all being awarded!!

With an expression of dis-belief, I walk up and receive my certificate and cash reward. Back on my seat, I look around, I see people congratulating me, I thank them, the ceremony proceeds, a lot of more certificates of appreciation are given out, then came the worst time of all, I see a lot of tearful faces, people with questions on their face asking why not us???????

I was very happy, just a moment ago and now I am feeling bad, why does this happen to me, I did work very hard, I know I did deserve recognition but then when it upsets other people around me, I get disturbed! Why does this happen to me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Ustani RULES!!! You deserve them all...as far as jealousy... the best in their fields usually feel that so look at the positive...if you make someone jealous it means there is something GREAT about you...the certificates underline the fact...so ENJOY the jealousy as well...

Happy belated Mother's day...your children are your certificates....for that...